After 9/11: Following are Questions that Continue Needing to be Researched & Updated (suggested by a former State Legislator who is a Business Person):
Using MAUI as an example for all of Hawaii:
- How much gross revenues and net revenues could Maui make from producing & distributing substantially more of its own food to and for Maui?
- SOURCE IDEAS: To figure this out, possibly look at HOW MUCH REVENUES Maui is already making from Agriculture on HOW MANY ACRES of agriculture land. How many ACRES OF AGRICULTURAL LAND are still left undeveloped on Maui? A key problem is many large farms do NOT want to report their Agriculture information and consider it to be “proprietary information” of their farm business. But this makes it significantly more difficult to research and write a “Financial Model” for Agriculture for the State of Hawaii and Maui.
- How much gross revenues and net revenues could Maui make from producing a significant amount of its own energy and fuel? In this plan Maui would significantly implement: solar, wind, water capture, water hydroelectricity with an 80 million gallon reservoir with turbines, and waste conversion to electricity and gas.
- How many NEW workers could be put to work in “Food & Energy” industry development on Maui–in Questions 1 & 2 above? How much NEW total income would that create?
- How many TOTAL workers became unemployed and for how long, and how much TOTAL incomes lost on Maui because of 9/11 and the effect on Maui?
- How many TOTAL workers and their TOTAL incomes in inflation adjusted dollars on Maui BEFORE 9/11?
- How much was Maui’s normal total revenue in inflation adjusted dollars for all of Maui BEFORE 9/11?
- How much revenues does Maui currently make in Agricultural production?
- How much revenues does Maui currently make in Energy and Fuel production?